MEET THE STAFF:
ReWork Staff Openings
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruits, trains and schedules volunteers.
- Website, Graphics and PR: Maintains and creates the website, web presence and materials requested.
- Every day ReWork is open, there is a designated “Shift Lead” on duty. Shift leads are responsible for 1) overseeing program integrity, 2) maintaining safety and well being of everyone on the premises, 3) answering questions from program participants and volunteers, 4) and ensuring policy and best practices are followed.
- When you come in to volunteer, the shift lead on duty is the person you should check in with. They can direct you on what needs to be done for the day.
- Note: Shifts leads go through additional training and assessment. If you are interested in becoming a shift lead, let us know.
Volunteer types and tasks:
- Advocates: Volunteers whose specific job is making friends and helping men and women solve problems. Examples of activities are: greeting new people who come in, helping navigate getting ID’s, birth certificates, benefits and other needs as they arise.
- Physical labor: Helping to build and maintain the building.
- Specific skill instructors: Volunteers who teach specific skills, such as construction, sewing, resumes, job application and interview skills etc.
We have 6-8 regular volunteers with another half dozen that come in occasionally. If you would like to know more about volunteering, email us.